COVID-19 protocol for in-person appointments
From 15 September 2020, Jouw Scriptiecoach B.V. will again be offering in-person supervision. Online supervision is always preferred, but where possible and desirable, this is combined with thesis supervision in person. Always check the options for in-person supervision in advance. You can contact Jouw Scriptiecoach or your thesis supervisor to discuss this. In-person supervision is always entirely at your own risk and can only take place if both the student and the thesis supervisor agree.
COVID-19 protocol – Jouw Scriptiecoach B.V.
Our protocol has been drawn up on the basis of the RIVM guidelines and in line with the applicable protocols of educational institutions. The purpose of this protocol is to create a safe environment for both students and supervisors. The protocol may be revised at any time in response to our experiences. If the RIVM revises the guidelines and this affects Jouw Scriptiecoach and its in-person supervision, this protocol will also be revised if necessary. Updates to these agreements will be published on our website.
As far as possible, thesis supervisors and students should keep a distance of 1.5 meters apart when meeting in person. Thesis supervision in person can always be combined with online supervision via Teams/Skype by sharing your document in Google Docs or another online environment such as Windows. In this way, you can collaborate on the document online and you also have personal contact with your supervisor.
Thesis supervisors and students should both ensure that the hygiene regulations of the RIVM are observed as much as possible. In any case, the following rules apply to in-person supervision:
- Wash hands on arrival and departure;
- Do not shake hands;
- Cough and/or sneeze into the elbow;
- Keep a distance of 1.5 meters from each other (or wear a mask);
- The student and supervisor must not use each other’s telephone, laptop or other items;
- Exchanging notes that are made during the supervision is allowed, but make sure that you always disinfect your hands after the supervision.
Rules for cancelling the appointment
- The student and supervisor will inform each other in writing (by e-mail) if an appointment cannot take place.
- An appointment can be cancelled free of charge if a good reason is given, such as COVID-19. This will always be assessed on a case-by-case basis. If you wish to reschedule your appointment, you can arrange this with your supervisor. If you (the student) do not show up (either in person or online), at least 1 hour will be invoiced.
- If it turns out that you have tested positive for COVID-19 following a thesis supervision in person, you must inform each other of this. The supervisor and student can then get tested or self-isolate as appropriate.
The appointment cannot take place if you, or someone in your family with whom you live at the same address, has symptoms of a cold, cough, shortness of breath or fever. Please stay at home and contact us. Alternatively, the appointment can take place via video call (MS Teams, Skype, Zoom) or telephone so that you can still get the help you need to make progress with your thesis. Of course, in-person hours are then converted to online hours.
Please note: Not all supervisors are able to meet in person again. Students are not automatically entitled to in-person supervision. Need to check whether your supervisor is available in person again? Please contact us beforehand.